RE: xPLRioNet v3.1 Released

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet v3.1 Released
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 08:35:00 +0000

> I have downloaded and installed the 3.1 xplrionet
> upgrade ...
> How do i get it to display the track names on an osd device??

Use xplhal manager to configure the device.

Set OSD=aec-tvosd.<instance assigned to tvosd>

Set OSDMenu=n

Set OSDStatus=y

That should be it...

> I havent as yet updated the Exstreamer as i was hoping to
> control it via HV/FirM and xplHvision.....Have i got this
> all wrong ???

Depends what you want to do.

If you want to use BOTH xplrionet AND exstreamer IR kit you MUST update to
latest firmware with the included patch for xplrionet.

If you want to use JUST xplrionet (no ir kit) you don't need to update the
firmware (but it is still recommended, by barix, to be on the latest
exstreamer firmware)

If you want to use IR, but don't want to update the firmware, then you MUST
use zserver NOT xplrionet

All the patch does is tell exstreamer NOT to process ir commands locally,
and pass all ir to xplrionet. Otherwise the exstreamer would try to process
the ir commands locally and this just wouldn't be any use.

Use of HV/FirM and xplHvision is irrelevant if this is emmitting ir TO the
exstreamer, as it's just another remote as far as xplrionet (or exstreamer
if not using xplrionet) is concerned.

Regards
Tony

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=NOxuzZm2B2AUD0P6wvsCRp1caEVPNcsN-66B9JYu5gaUBmvqPkw15HYM1FinGhYvqcuoXPv7Qqf2">tony@x...</a>>