RE: Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:15:00 +0000

> still no luck getting the server up with beta 3. .NET is
> installed & works fine. i have an xpl hub running with xpl
> tts on that machine.
> i tried it on another machine that has xplhal running. no
> luck there either. i dl'd IE6 & that didn't help either.

The main web server starts almost immediately, which suggests something is
causing it to hang at startup.

The start sequence is

A) load settings from xplrionet.xml

B) start xpl hub (if configured to start)

C) load settings from scanner.xml

D) start xpl listener

E) start web server

F) start known clients

G) start dhcp

H) load all the rio support systems (ssdp, mount, nfs, portmap)

Assuming the software isn't 100%'ing the cpu (and so preventing web server
responding) the hang must be assumed (but not necessarily) to be before
step
e (or step e itself)

Can you check that all copies of xpllib.dll on the system are the same
please?

Can you also e-mail me the xml files offlist please?

There's a slim chance that a corrupt rio.bin could hang the software.

If necessary we'll make a special build which logs the start up into a text
file for debugging.

Regards
Tony