RE: Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:19:00 +0000

> Yep, no worries - I have installed the package, edited xml
> files and configured in xplhal manager - I can access the web server.

Thanks

> Without a RIO, can it do anything? I clicked scan now, and
> got a "scan queued" message etc, so it looks alive okay :)

Definitely alive

> As an aside, can I use this server with winamp rather than a
> rio? I seem to remember a virtual Rio client using windows
> media player... is that still floating around?

The new software is not just the server but also the client (well most of
it)

So the existing virtual rio won't work with it.

However, there will be a new version that does work with it (and the coding
will be even simpler, so shouldn't be too far away) and there's no reason
why there couldn't be a winamp version too.

When I've found the time, it will also support slimp3/squeezebox.

In fact I think most mp3 players could be made to work with it.

Although the rio is the main target of the software, it's been the plan all
along that it should be a central server for all types of player.

Regards
Tony