Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released
  • From: rleong1
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 07:32:00 +0000

--- In <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=NP_5Fo8TRNfBaLOVuhxfyo4mn8NUyJbi89YA0-DHKL59ohH0Q6QPuROp4SMmRiW_Tml6vpPwrx3MVVOj0aFagA">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> > can't get the web interface up to scan music. i have
> > everything configured ok. the service starts. i point my
> > browser to it &amp; it just sits there trying to load.
>
> That's odd, have you tried <a href="http://localhost:8080";>http://localhost:8080</a> ?

i have something else running on 8080 so the service wouldn't start. i
tried
8081, 81, 82, 89...

> What version of IE?

5.5, also latest mozilla and firebird

> > also, it takes a couple minutes from power cycling to get the
> > client loaded. is that normal? xplhal monitor shows the
> > rio, but it shows its ip address as the ip address of my server.
>
> Should be 10 seconds or so, although I've seen this issue with the
original
> software and it relates to dhcp.
> (e.g. if you have another dhcp server running _and_ the built-in dhcp,
> things like that)

the only other dhcp i had running was the ARM software &amp; i shut
that down before
starting the service.

> I'm out all day but if you can post some details of your network (e.g.
dhcp
> settings used, netmask etc) I'll see what I can come up with

i have dhcp set yes, hub yes, rio yes, netmask 255.255.255.0, gateway to my
router, dns to my usual dns. xplhal on another machine can see the
heartbeat
messages from rionet after it comes up. i tried it with the hub off
&amp; a
separate xplhub running. same problem. i tried to load it on the machine
with
xplhal and set hub off and still couldn't bring up the web interface.

i even turned on ethereal to do some sniffing &amp; i see the http get
request. and
a couple packets from the server but that's it. i don't know exactly what
they
were but i can rerun it again.

> Can you confirm OS used too.

win2k pro