RE: Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLRioNet Beta Released
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 06:43:00 +0000

> can't get the web interface up to scan music. i have
> everything configured ok. the service starts. i point my
> browser to it & it just sits there trying to load.

That's odd, have you tried <a href="http://localhost:8080";>http://localhost:8080</a> ?

What version of IE?

> also, it takes a couple minutes from power cycling to get the
> client loaded. is that normal? xplhal monitor shows the
> rio, but it shows its ip address as the ip address of my server.

Should be 10 seconds or so, although I've seen this issue with the original
software and it relates to dhcp.
(e.g. if you have another dhcp server running _and_ the built-in dhcp,
things like that)

I'm out all day but if you can post some details of your network (e.g. dhcp
settings used, netmask etc) I'll see what I can come up with

Can you confirm OS used too.

Actually the xpl messages will give the server ip address for the clients
(hadn't even spotted that one) as all the client stuff is in the server.

I may need to ask John if I can have a copy of xpllib to modify if it
becomes an issue.

Regards
Tony