Re: Multiple Instances / Zoning Questions

  • Subject: Re: Multiple Instances / Zoning Questions
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:46:00 +0000

Hi Steve

Sorry some more Q,s

> No, one instance for the main controller device that sends out zoned
> information by using sensor.zoned messages. These must have a namepair
of
> zone={zone name or number

This means i must have reprogrammable names for the zones ??? one person
could use zone 1 for lounge another use zone 1 for bedroom ???

> No for instance if probe called probe5 on zone 2 goes high you would
see a
> message from the main device like
>
> sensor.zoned
> {
> device=probe5
> type=PROBE
> current=high
> zone=2

Ok...good...although i should have mentioned...the Probe Hub only polls the
probes when requested my hv / another device...it is not event
driven....IMHO from my previous experience debouncing and taking care of 32
inputs there was very little time for anything else therefore poll the
probes as requested....

> Like with all things the more functionality that can be included the
better
> however this has to be balanced against actually getting the basics
working
> first. My view is that it's best to get it working with cavets around
> which parts of the functionality are supported rather than struggle to
get
> the whole lot in and never get it off the workbench.

Fair Comment.....small apples approach ;-))
Thanks
Frank