RE: xplHal - unknown vendor

  • Subject: RE: xplHal - unknown vendor
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:53:00 +0000

To be recognised as a vendor, you need to:

1) get a Vendor ID - that's as easy as saying "can I have a vendor ID
please" ;) (if you have one already - oops - it aint on my list : )

2) construct an xml fragment for your device (best way is to grab Steve
or John B's as they are well populated, with an example of each of the
possible elements)

3) Stick your xml fragment on a webserver somewhere (if you prefer, I
can host it on xplproject.org.uk for you) and let John B or Tony T know
where you have put the file.

4) The guys will update the "master" list that xplhal consults
and
everyone can then get your xml fragment the next time they update the
xplhal manager plugins :)

Ian.