Re: Programming and xPL Comfort

Hi Andy,

> 1st off, Comfort logs out all active connections at midnight, so xPL
comf=
ort looses the connection until the service is restarted.

It is supposed to reconnect to the UCM shortly after midnight, and also
syn=
c Comfort's clock with the PC's (if enabled).

In fact, if it actually loses connection, it will try every 30 seconds to
r=
econnect.

Are you using a serial or Ethernet UCM?

> I've looked at the source, but unfortunately my version of .Net
Enterpris=
e Architect says it was created with a newer version.

Visual Studio .NET 2003.
There was a deal where you could upgrade from VS.NET 2002 for about =A320,
=
but I'm not sure if that's still available - see www.microsoft.com for
more=
details.

> Could someone mod and recompile xplComfort to call the housekeeping
funct=
ion at midnight. (I had a roll your own homeseer plugin that I did this in
=
as well).

It should be doing this already - I'll investigate and report back.

> And what is the newest version of .Net, or the version people are
using?

I use Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1 (available free from
www.microsoft.com/=
net)

And Visual Studio .NET 2003 as the development environment.

Regards,

John