FirM Jr Beta tester

  • Subject: FirM Jr Beta tester
  • From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:33:34 +1000

Hi All
Looking for someone with cat5 installed to test my  FirM Jr
system....FirM Jr is a ir repeater system ....Will supply the controller, 3
rx units and an 8 way ir splitter...User to supply 12v dc power supply and
ir  emitters....As well as being able to send the received ir back to the
controller it is also available at each rx unit ....An opto isolated  ir in
is also available so other devices can inject ir signals into the repeater
system......At the moment im waiting for the FirM Jr front and rear plates
to be made so should be ready for testing in approx 2 to 3
weeks............

Something that some may be aware but might be of interest to
others......The
winner of my FirM Kit at UKHA2004  is using FirM as a repeater system and
is
also injecting  and receiving ir signals using pc software ir application
"Girder" and hardware "USB UIRT"....
xPL-Girder ?????..........;-)) Below is a copy of the post to UKHA_D

>I've just started using USB UIRT along with girder for IR control (via
>the FirM system I won at UKHA2004 incidentally) and have been very
>impressed with the pairing as a whole.  USB UIRT does exactly what it
>says on the tin, as it were.  I'd be happy to write a short review when
>I get the time.  As for Girder, the flexibility it presents in terms of
>sending IR commands based on many potential inputs/conditions are
>immensely powerful given the simplicity of its use.
Thanks
Frank