Re: xPLRioNet and CD Changers

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet and CD Changers
  • From: "Rob West" <xplworld@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:57:54 +0100

Hi Tony,

Yep, that was me.

I'm using Sony changers controlled by a Slink-e (now discontinued) via the
Nirvis CDJ software (also discontinued). I wrote a very basic xPLSlinke
program that can select a cd, and then play a track, although this will
probably need some updating as it was written some time last year.

Essentially I want to merge my CDJ database with my xPLRioNet database, so
that I can seamlessly select tracks from either source transparently.

If tracks in the xPLRioNet database can be marked as changer#:cd#:track#
(maybe using the filename field?), it should be fairly straightforward to
send an xPL command to the Slink-e and switch the Rio to a Shoutcast stream
that's fed from the changer output.

ISTR that you said it might be possible to integrate some kind of Shoutcast
server into the xPLRioNet server. Not sure if this is something you still
want to pursue, but I guess it would save having to use Winamp 2.x + Line
In
Plug-in + Shoutcast Server, which was the only way I managed to get
something working before!

(I don't have any DVD changers (yet!) but I think it would be nice to be
able to control it from the xPLRioNet webpage!)

Rob.