RE: Scanner not working on my system

  • Subject: RE: Scanner not working on my system
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 05:00:28 +0100

> Is there any way I could make it work with my network share? Is there
> any known issue?

The only issue I know of at the moment is that the connection to the share
must have full 'write' permissions. It doesn't actually write to the share,
but I havent got around to fixing this yet. And to be honest I haven't
tested it with a linux share, but I can do this if the above doesn't sort
your problem for now. I'd recommend mapping a drive letter rather than
using
UNC.

> I'm also getting a lot of shuttering when listening to shoutcast
> streams. I didn't search a lot yet on this, maybe it's normal, as
> the readme tells streaming isn't yet supported...

Shouldn't stutter, though it is pretty intensive processing so if the
server
pc is low spec this might be an issue. None of my development/test pc's are
less than 3ghz so I havent yet tested on slower pc's (though I'm sure some
users on this list must be using it on slower pc's).

Shoutcasts is still under development, though the next release should fix
most issues.

Must get around to updating the readme! So much to do, so little time...

> The whole project is impressive!! I'd be a follower if I can get the
> scanning issue to work.... Having 4 receivers here, it'll be great to
> get them to sync and play shoutcast...

Synch isn't perfect at the moment, indeed it may be currently broken, but
as
soon as slimp3 support is stable then synch will be revisited.

Regards
Tony