RE: Re: xplhal reinstall

  • Subject: RE: Re: xplhal reinstall
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 06:28:06 +0100

> Hmmm, xplrionet doesn't support (and never has supported)
> slimp3's yet? Can you clarify?

Just to clarify a couple of points for everyone,

Slimp3 support is on the 'to do' list, the discovery mechanism is in place
but that's it so far, but firstly support will be added for streaming
applications like winamp, wmp etc.

Xplhal is only required to change the name of the device, xplrionet will
function without it as it gives each device a default name and places them
in an xpl preconfigured state. Eventually there will be an option on each
rio's web page to allow the name to be changed from there for ease of use.

I'll be updating the 'to do' list when I get time, and will post it to the
list in case anything is missing or redundant.

Regards
Tony