Re: [OT] Firewall

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Firewall
  • From: Andrew Kilgore
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:36:00 +0000

Hi Frank,

What operating system are you running on the machines...?
If it's Windows XP you can take advantage of it's inbuilt firewall.

Failing that there are a number of free offerings out there, a popular one
being
ZoneAlarm (<a href="http://tinyurl.com/iwhb";>http://tinyurl.com/iwhb</a>).
I've also heard good things about Kerio
Personal Firewall (<a href="http://www.kerio.co.uk/kpf_home.html";>http://www.kerio.co.uk/kpf_home.html</a>)
and was told that there
was a free version available but I can't seem to find it - I'll ask the guy
at
work tomorrow and get back to you.

Andy.