triggering on an XPL message

  • Subject: triggering on an XPL message
  • From: happy_hammer66
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:54:00 +0000

The Rio's send a status message with the artist/track info every time
it plays the next song. I was trying to learn a little bit about XPL
by getting it displayed using the PCOSD.

I tried setting the trigger to 'STATUS=PLAYING' or 'STATUS=NEXT' and
leaving the rest of the XPL message parameters blank or = * but that
don't work.

I then played around a little with the xpl.getparam, no joy there
either.

Any info/sample scripts out there to give me some pointers?

thx,
bill