RE: Advice on new app.

  • Subject: RE: Advice on new app.
  • From: Peter Chick
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:38:00 +0000

Thanks Ian,

>We probably need to get an installer built for it as well - I can do
>that if you want

Yep! The Install builder's dead on my PC, Reinstalling it's on my to do
list....
somewhere...

>I have also included the icon that the guys are using for xPL

Great, I would like to use it. Didn't want to until the 'management' had
approved!

>Now, lets get you sorted with a vendor ID!

How about PETEC, with a surname like mine it's best left as an initial! 8-)

>as improvements, I would
>suggest having an X and Y position for the popup, that can be done via
>the xPLHal Config elements quite easily.

Have to admit, I did try this but gave up. Still unsure of the config bit /
xml
plugin.
I could write the config elements to xplHal ok, and modify them inside
xplHAL
during inital configuration.
However when I fired up the app again all I got was one FILTER xpl_config
back
before xpl_configured fired. I couldn't get any other values to write back
the app.

Once I play with the config bit I will also be able to vary the number of
rows
and colums displayed 4*40 2*16 3*20 etc, and the size of the text, Full
size as
it is now or half size.

>A bug: the app doesn't seem to exit cleanly, there's a definite delay
>before the app exits

Noted: forgot about that one.

Many thanks

Pete Chick