RE: New Rio Client - Stage 3 Complete

  • Subject: RE: New Rio Client - Stage 3 Complete
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 05:20:00 +0000

Hi all,

Stage 3 of xPLRio.net (new name) is now completed.

I now have a full menu/control structure in place :-)

This includes using the alpha remote keys to narrow down the selection
lists
to items starting with specific characters, and also a search facility
where
you can type in a word or phrase to locate items. Inidividual items can
also
be removed from the 'now playing' queue. Shoutcast streams are in an xml
file, which is read into the database by the music scanner, to allow easy
editing of the list.

Next up is stage 4 - getting some music to actually play!

Some items I need some info/ideas on are:

Still need an mp3 file with id3v1 tag

Need info/suggestions on playlist format to use, do we use a standard
playlist format or have our own?

Many thanks
Tony