Re: HALManager idea ?

  • Subject: Re: HALManager idea ?
  • From: Robert Welsh
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:52:00 +0000

Ian Lowe wrote:
> Remember that the Manager doesn't run scripts, it just edits them and
> posts them back to xplhal - it doesn't need to understand what it's
> doing, only the human does!

Ah - OK...therein lies my error.
I hadn't got as far as looking at Determinators yet...and was just
looking through the scripting stuff. My impression was different.

> From a developer's viewpoint, all that's needed for a manager is to
have
> a text editor that can display and edit scripts in a general way (so,
> being line-feed sensitive I guess) and a determinator -building
> interface (basically, an xml builder/validator)

Gotcha - that's fine.

> Does this make sense?

Absolutely - just bear with me whilst I go through this research phase.
Not only am I trying to understand what xPL offers/does, but also the
interactions the user would be doing via an xPLHALManager.

Cheers,
Rob