Latest message you have seen: RE: xplproject.org.uk is not working

Re: How Should MVP OSD Work

  • Subject: Re: How Should MVP OSD Work
  • From: "tonytofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:04:03 -0000

> One quick question - I'm noticing a lot of activity on my C: drive
> when playing a movie (I can tell because my movie drive is a nice
> silent Seagate, and the C: drive is a noisy-as-hell IBM!).  Are
you
> using a disk-based intermediate buffer?

There's no buffer, it opens the file and the data gets read
sequentially in 200,000 byte blocks and sent via tcpip to the mvp.

Can't think why it would access c: drive... unless it's the windows
swap file?

It may be possible to make the process less memory hungry, but it
will need some work.

Regards
Tony