Latest message you have seen: Re: Possible bug in xPLHVision

Re: MVPs and xPLRioNet

Hi Mark,

> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong:
>
> - xPLRioNet is installed and serving Rios succesfully.
> - I have copied the "helper app bundle" from Tony's site
(for
> transcoding and MVPs) into the xPLRioNet directory.
> - I've stopped and restarted the xPLRioNet service
>
> The MVPs are still sitting there on the "boot screen" with
three blue
> boxes then two white ones at the bottom.

The files from the helpers package must be in a directory called
"Helpers" inside the xPLRioNet directory.

There must also be a directory called MVP inside xPLRioNet, containing the
dongle.bin file.

If you need to get hold of dongle.bin (not sure if Tony makes this
available due to licensing reasons), you can download the original
Hauppauge software from the Hauppauge web site and extract dongle.bin from
there.

If you still have no luck, open up xplrionet.xml in Notepad, and switch on
logging (set logging to "Y").
Then, when you restart the xPLRioNet service, it will create a file called
logging.txt in the xPLRioNet directory containing information about the
startup process - this should help to pinpoint any problems.

HTH,

John