Latest message you have seen: RE: xplmedianet development

Re: Re: W800 Service Updated

Well, I installed the new version, updated my plug-ins and it worked
great.  I've got three of these DS10A units now but I see that I'm
going to need some more.  At about $7.00 apiece I can use them all
over.  I have written several determinators and the they work great.
The only thing I had to do was increase the timeout from 200 ms to
300 ms since a few times I got multiple triggers.  The only problem
with the DS10As is that there doesn't seem to be any way to assign an
address.  When you replace the batteries and press the button to
configure them, they seem to choose a random address.  If the
batteries last a year or two, like I read somewhere, then it is
probably not a big deal.

I don't suppose there's any way to set a variable equal to the device
address in a global type of area and then use the variable in the
determinator.  That way, when a device has a new address, you could
just go in one place and change the address and everything would
work.  Just a thought?

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled.  This group has been great and Mal
has been super responsive.

Thanks again to everyone - and now back to programming these guys.

Bob

wrote:
> > > Plugin?  Oh bugger!  I'll do it now ;-) > > > >
--- In
> ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>
> wrote:
> > > Hi Mal > > > > > I've updated the W800RF32
service to handle
> messages from X10 > > > security RF devices > > >
> Nice work....wish
> now i didnt have the cbus wireless kit otherwise > i would >
> get one
> of those receiver units..... > > > > Does the plugin
require updating
> due to the new release ??? > > > > Bob will be looking
forward to