Re: New devices, new users

Here's my proof of "newbieness" (or lack of knowledge of
acronyms):
what's an MVP ?

(I know it as a Microsoft Valuable Professional, but you can't use
these as a server... :-)

Tom

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:44:12 -0000, Mal Lansell <mlansell@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
> That sounds like a job for the main xplProject site.
> I must admit I sometimes find it a pain to find a download - I usually
look
> under the wrong category first.
> A complete list (with links) would be very helpful.
>
> Of course, that requires someone with the time to update the site (Ian
> didn't appear to get any volunteers last time he asked!)
>
> As for xplRioNet, I use it with my MVP as a replacement server (I'll
add the
> Exstreamer when the scanner update is done), but like you, I'm not
quite
> sure how the xpl side of things is intended to work.
>
> Mal

commercial
> > talk :-)  Should I ask a Rio/Exstreamer/SliMP3 for Christmas ?
If I
> > got one I would start experimenting to see what the possibilities
are.
> >  Normally if you buy a product you know what it will do and what
you
> > may expect.  I admit that the experimenting is a big part of the
fun
> > of HA...  Yet if you want to lurk more people into it, I think
more
> > high-level, almost "commercial" documentation could
help.

<mlansell@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > > It seems that my W800 service has been fairly useful to some
people
> (more
> > > than I thought it would be, to be honest) and appears to
have attracted
> > > few new people to xPL.
> > >
> > > Tony's xplRioNet is a definite favourite of many, and must
be
> responsible
> > > for a large number of people choosing  xPL.
> > >
> > > It makes me wonder whether there are other people out there
just waiting
> for
> > > support for a particular device before they take the plunge.
 There's
> been a
> > > big surge in group postings recently, and it would be nice
for that to
> > > continue.  So, is anyone waiting for a device to be xPL'd?
Or do you
> know
> > > of a device that, if supported, could attract even more
people to the
> xPL
> > > world?
> > >
> > > Mal