Re: Re: xPLHal hung on startup - found a solution

Hi George

>I thought it was working because if I started
> with no value I would get a value upon the determinator running. I
> found out though that the global is not updating to the current
> value in the variable on HV. I dont know if xPL is using a cache or
> what. In fact as I monitor the windows in gshed.hvision.homevision,
> it shows requesting the data from the variable, but what is returned
> is not what is in the variable, but rather what is already in the
> global.

I just wrote a Deteminator to capture xplhvision reporting a variable and
save it to an xpl global , i changed the value of the variable  in the
control menu of hv....and the xpl global was updated each time .....Are you
looking at the Globals Screen when xplhvision reports the var...?? if so
you
need to click on the refresh icon to update the globals....

HTH
Frank

> I'm glad you are making progress. The guys here were a great help to
> me.
>
> The last thing I was working on was getting temperatures (5) updated
> from varaiable in HV. I thought it was working because if I started
> with no value I would get a value upon the determinator running. I
> found out though that the global is not updating to the current
> value in the variable on HV. I dont know if xPL is using a cache or
> what. In fact as I monitor the windows in gshed.hvision.homevision,
> it shows requesting the data from the variable, but what is returned
> is not what is in the variable, but rather what is already in the
> global.
>
> But, as I told Frank, this is the least of my worries. What I needed
> to work is working great.
>
> It will be interesing to see if you experience the same increase in
> quickness when you fire a macro vie the w800 rather than throuhg x10
> alone.
>
> George M
>

> --- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Bob & Linda Gardner"
> <gardner.bob@g...> wrote:
> > Obviously I'd be glad to help out any way I can.  Just let me
know
> > what you need me to do if you decide to try this.
> >
> > Bob
> >

> > > I'm glad to hear you've found a way round the problem.
> > >
> > > It's still a concern that this happens at all though.  I
wonder
> if we
> > > could get a version of xPLHal that logs each step of it's
startup
> > > procedure, along with timings (just a tickcount would do).
If

<gardner.bob@g...>
> > > wrote: > > This probably isn't a recommended solution
- but it
> works.
> > > I found a > command line utility that lets you start and
stop a
> > > service from the > command line.   I just wrote a simple
'batch'
> file
> > > that uses this > utility to start the xPLHal service and
put a
> > > shortcut to it in the > startup folder.  This works fine
and the
> > > service starts after the > normal boot process.  The
utility is
> at: >

> > > also delayed the startup of xPLHvision by using a Macro
Express >
> > > macro. > > Now my server boots unattended, everything
starts
> correctly
> > > and, the > best part, xPLHal works after I'm all done.
> >
> Thanks to
> > > everyone for all their help.  This is a great group. >
>
> Regards, > >
> > > Bob >

> > > --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up
ads. Yahoo!