xPLHal hung on startup

  • Subject: xPLHal hung on startup
  • From: "Bob Gardner" <gardner.bob@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:02:49 -0000

I am very new to xPL and am trying to get an installation started
which will allow me to utilize a W800RF32 and Homevision.

So far I have installed the .NET framework, the DevCom installation
package and xPLHal.  The problem is that, when I boot, I get a
message that a service has not started.  When I look at the Event
Viewer, the message is that the xPLHal service hung during startup.
When I look at services it says that the xPLHal service is running.
I also notice that the computer mouse is very sluggish all of a
sudden.  If I disable the service and reboot everything is good again.

I am running Windows 2000 Server with Homevision, ACE, and
Digiwatcher on this machine as well.

Any ideas or suggestions?

What's next after I get this staraightened out - install the HV and
W800RF plugins?

Thanks for the help.

Bob