Re: Re: W800RF32 Service Updated

It looks like the X10 security RF devices send codes that have no related
X10 command.  Their messages contain a "unique" 8-bit unit id
(randomly
chosen when a particular button pressing procedure is followed), followed
by
a function code.  The function code is not ALL_LIGHTS_ON etc, but something
that only makes sense to an X10 Security Console (the commands translate to
things like, ARM, DISARM, PANIC etc, and there appears to be no standard).

On top of this, some remotes have additional buttons that *do* send normal
X10 RF commands.

I propose to use X10.Basic to send normal X10 commands, as I do now, and
Sensor.Basic for the new "security" codes (or should I use
Remote.Basic?).
I think this is preferable to creating an extended X10.Basic schema, since
the new commands have nothing in common with the data in X10.Basic (there
is
no house code, unit code or standard function code).

Mal