Re: W800RF32 Service Updated

  • Subject: Re: W800RF32 Service Updated
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:57:00 -0000

Hi Bob

I've just been reading up on the DS10A.  It appears to use an
extended form of RF message, which the W800RF32 supports (it's the
only RF reciever that does, apparently).  Unfortunately the xPL
service has only been tested with regular X10 RF remotes, and I
strongly suspect that it won't work with any of the X10 security
devices (DS10A included) that use the extended format.

However, the DS10 is available in the UK, so I will order one
tomorrow, and make any necessary changes to the xPL service.

Mal

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Bob Gardner" <gardner.bob@g...>
wrote:

> Hi Frank, Hi George,
>
> This is Bob from the HV list.  I ordered my W800 a few days ago and
> it's due today or tomorrow.  I'm ready to go.
>
> I've been reading and trying to absorb this xPL stuff.  It looks
like
> I have to install xPL.ocx first - is that correct?  There are
> apparently several different install options, how do I decide which
> one I want?
>
> Then after that I need to install xPLhal and finally the HV and
W800