RE: Announcing xPL4Java V1.0

  • Subject: RE: Announcing xPL4Java V1.0
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:32:38 -0000

It's an odd beast - Java is a programming language, but it's also a
"platform" - code should be able to run on any system supporting
java,
so you write your program once, then can run it on lots of different
hardware and operating systems.

In practice, that means going all the way from embedded Java systems
through to bigger platforms.

>From an xPL point of view, many systems can host Java so this pretty
much means that if we have java on a platform, we now have xPL
capability too - very nice.

Ian.