Re: W800RF32 Service Updated

  • Subject: Re: W800RF32 Service Updated
  • From: "gmotichka" <gmotichka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:44:34 -0000

Wow. What quick turn around.
Thanks Mal

Just tried it out and it works as advertised. Am not getting
multiple instances of macros now. In looking at monitor only one
w800 command is registering.

I cannot find where to do the adjustment though. When I go to the
configuration screen for the devise it is the same as before. There
is not a new catagory. Do I go somewhere else to configure it?

Thanks
George M

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@f...>
wrote:

> I've released a new version of the W800RF32 service with the
ability
> to filter repeated messages from RF remote controls.
>
> The service can be obtained from my
> website.http://www.lansell.org/mal/ha/ha.shtml
> Be sure to uninstall any previous version before installing the
new
> one.
>
> I noticed during testing that the X10 mouse remote sends at least
5
> copies of each message, whereas the keychain remote can send as
few
> as 1 (if you're quick on the buttons).  Both remotes continuously
> repeat the message if the button is held down.  The repeat rate is
> fairly low - low enough anyway to stop me from being able to
filter
> DIM and BRIGHT commands.  For the other commands, duplicate
messages
> are not sent until a gap of a specified time has elapsed (the
effect
> is that you need to release the button and press it again to get
> another message).  The timeout value is initially 200ms, but can
be
> changed in the xPLHal Manager.  To disable the filtering
completely,
> set the timeout to zero.
>
> The install package also includes an xml file (mal.xml) for the
> xPLHal Manager (so you can do the determinators).  You will need
> copy it from the W800RF32 installation folder to the xplHal
plugins
> folder.
>
> John - I believe you have some magic to work to get it to download
> automatically from my website with the Update Plugins command.
The