Communicatiing with xplHal

  • Subject: Communicatiing with xplHal
  • From: Mal Lansell <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:06:26 +0100

I'm almost finished writing a service to xpl-enable the WGL Designs' X10
rf receiver - messages are picked up by xplHal just fine, but now I want
to get the configuration side of things working.

I send a config.app message that is received OK (I can see my device in
the xplManager, awaiting configuration), and from the xplMonitor I can
see that a config.current and config.list request is sent in return.
However, I'm not receiving these.  This is the first time I've written
anything using sockets, so I have a couple of questions before I waste
too much time blindly debugging...

1) Does xplHal return the config.current and config.list using the same
connection that I use to send the config.app, or should I listen for a
connection on the port supplied in the config.app?

2) Do you connect to xplHal everytime you need to send something, or do
you connect once and keep the connection open?

3) When this configuration stuff is working, I'll need a vendor Id
before I can release the app - where do I get that from?

Cheers

Mal