Is this achievable in xPL ?

  • Subject: Is this achievable in xPL ?
  • From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:26:25 +1000

Hi All

Below is a request on the cbus forum , iwas wondering could this be
done using xPL ...
I believe he has cbus couplers connected to his Homesafe (alarm system) so
the pir triggers would send cbus commands which would get picked up by
xPL-CGATE ..its the other stuff im not sure off ....Just want to check
before i suggest he try xPL.......
Frank

I am looking to integrate a simple CCTV solution to my system (C-Bus &
HomeSafe) to be able to achieve the following :-

1 x Front Door Colour Camera (discreet & with audio if possible)
1 x Internal Colour Camera
1 x External B/W Day/Night Camera.
- Viewable on a PC and TV
- be able to channel the video through to the TV automatically (if the
cameras can be viewed on the PC I could achieve this with software /
TV-Out)
- record onto the PC's harddisk
- Trigger the video by the PIRs already installed
- Trigger the video from HomeSafe (connected via Bus Coupler)

Is the above possible with the C-Bus products available? if so, which ones