Re: Shoutcast ok, normal music skipping

  • Subject: Re: Shoutcast ok, normal music skipping
  • From: "golemk6" <golemk6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 00:23:25 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Jon Payne" <jgpayne@b...> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've upgraded to the latest version of xplrionet (v3.8b) - was
previously a
> couple of versions back. And, it may be coincidence, but although I
can play
> shoutcasts fine normal streaming pauses about every second for a
fraction of
> a second.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on what could cause this
> behaviour?

On two out of two players, I get the same thing 3-4 times a minute.  I
think higher bitrates may be associated with a higher rate of
stutters, but I haven't been able to verify that.  Both the network
and the server CPU are nowhere near saturated, so I don't think that's
it.  Temporarily disabling the firewall on the server ahd no effect.
Nothing's popped up in the logfiles since the "service started
successfully" message.

So, yes- you're not alone, but I'm afraid I'm just as stumped as you
are.

Alex