RE: xPLRioNet and asf/asx files

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet and asf/asx files
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:50:06 +0100

> You know what's funny though? I can take that asf file and
> just rename it to wma and the Rionet software then DOES
> transcode it.

The helper app, which is not part of xplrionet (and not written or modified
by the xplrionet developers), uses the ms media player drivers and so can
decode asf but should not be used for this purpose.

Any use of the helper app to achieve the transcoding of asf/asx files is at
the users own choice and risk.

My personal choice is going to be to boycott all asf media content in the
future.

Regards
Tony