RE: Re: xplRioNet : trouble pre-setting volume

  • Subject: RE: Re: xplRioNet : trouble pre-setting volume
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:39:13 +0100

> Hi, I hope you don't have any plans to change the way the
> lineout option works, as I use both lineout and the built in
> amp on the rio in my consirvatory.  The lineout goes to a 5.1
> amp which splits off the bass, and the rio amp goes to
> speakers in the garden.  I can't really use the amp for the
> speakers in the garden, as It takes out all the bass, but
> with the setup above I can get a good level on both sets and
> control them from front dial.

Hi Dan,

As far as my testing has shown it's currently working as planned.

A) if unit in clients.xml has lineout=y the volume is on lineout (phono and
jack)

B) if unit in clients.xml has lineout=n the volume is on the built-in amp

C) the lineout=y/n value in xplrionet.xml is the default for new units

As long as this is what is happening (and it is for me) there won't be any
changes.

Hope that is how it is working for you?

Though rereading your post it seems you are getting volume control on both
lineout and built-in amp?

This is very odd, since the loaded rio client can only control one or the
other...

Regards
Tony