RE: Artist >> Letter >> Artist Name >> Albums >> Tracks

  • Subject: RE: Artist >> Letter >> Artist Name >> Albums >> Tracks
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 05:43:08 +0100

> If there was just one more layer after you select "artists"
> that would let you go to a spcific letter that would be Soooo
> nice.  It would have to be an option though because I know it
> would annoy some people with small collections.

If you go to artists, press the key with 'm' on it (or twice for 'n' etc
assuming a key has mno) it will limit the list to just 'm'...

This works for artists/albums/tracks etc

You can also use the search button and type in the first few characters.

> How set in stone is the navigation?  Can a user somehow come
> up with their own definition of how navigation should work?

Currently it's like a little pebble at the centre of the earth!

Seriously though, changing it is a monumental task since the same structure
is used by exstreamer and slimp3 etc and also for osd display of the menu's
on things like tv screens.

That doesn't mean improvements (or the ability for a user to modify them)
can't be added in the future, but it will be a long way down the to do
list.

Regards
Tony