RE: xPLRioNet Beta v3.6 Released

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet Beta v3.6 Released
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 18:17:20 +0100

> Just to let you know that the new version appears to break
> sync. It is quite strange the 'master' unit carries on
> playing no problem the 'slave' lists the correct track (and
> it changes when the next song starts) but it doesn't actually
> play anything. The counter is at 0:00 and stays there for the
> entire song.. The web page for the 'slave' shows a status of Stopped.

I had a feeling it would get broken, though during testing it _seemed_ ok.

However, I reused the code that the rio uses for stating it's ready to also
confirm when it had finished a track so the display details would update at
the correct time. I suspect this signalling is broken somewhere.

It's this same signalling that related to the 10 secs between tracks on a
skip I mentioned. Temporarily I have changed it to 2 secs while I fix the
signalling.

> I've also just spotted another problem... Having just played
> the track "Mary J Blige - Family" Affair synced with no
> problem, the track "Eve Feat Gwen Stefani - Let It Blow Ya
> Mind" started but the song name did not change on either
> unit, and the timer continues to count up (ie it adds the
> current time to the length of the previous track). I've just
> repeated this 3-4 times and get the same result, along with
> the fact that the previous track ends early (last few seconds
> of the track get cut off and the new track starts playing)

I suspect this relates to the above.

Seems my testing didn't go far enough :-(

Won't be able to look at this, probably, till the weekend I'm afraid. Got a
busy week.

Regards
Tony