Re: Configuring CM12 service

  • Subject: Re: Configuring CM12 service
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 12:20:39 -0000

Well that did fix it - it now lets me use COM1, and the windows event
logs confirm that the service starts and connects to COM1 Ok.

However, I still can't get it to turn any of my lights on or off!
I've tried just triggering them from the xPL Hal Manager, and xPL
Monitor shows the events being sent, and a confirm trigger being
returned by the CM12 service.

I tested the operation of my CM12 unit with my own code - it is
definitely on COM1 and is functioning correctly.

I then tried triggering the lights via an rf remote and TM13
transceiver.  Your CM12 service picked up the event and sent an xPL
trigger just fine!

It would seem that the only place where things could be failing is
when the CM12 service sends commands to the CM12 itself.  I would try
to debug it, but your .sln and .vbproj files are for a newer version
of .NET, apparently (and in any case, I have no VB experience, so the
code is a little slow to read at the moment!).  Of course, it seems
to be working for other people, so maybe there is just something
missing from my system - a VB dll perhaps.

I'm going to install xPL on another machine (the one with my
development environment) and see if it makes any difference.

Mal

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> Hi Mal,
>
> Not sure why that's happening, you could try the following:
>
> In your xPLHal data directory (C:\Program Files\xPL\xPLHal\Data),
look in the Configs folder and delete any references to the johnb-
cm12 device.
> Also look inside the "current" subdirectory and remove any
files
containing johnb-cm12.

> Then give it another go - hopefully it should retain your new
setting now.

> BTW, I've published an update to the CM12 service that makes the
COM port reconfigurable by default.