Configuring CM12 service

  • Subject: Configuring CM12 service
  • From: Mal Lansell <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 11:09:48 +0100

I've finally decided to abandon my completely custom HA program and use
xPL as the core.  After reading various posts on UKHA, I decided to go
for xPL over xAP mainly because it is simpler, and because I want to use
it with Exstreamers, for which xPL seems to off better support.

Anyway, I installed all the services OK, but when I configured the CM12,
I put in the wrong com port number.  From then on, the com port is not
listed as a configuration option.  Reinstalling etc doesn't seem to fix
it.  Is there anyway to force the CM12 service to want to be configured?

I've also experienced a lot of lock-ups with the CM12 plugged in (even
during windows startup) - does anyone else get this?

One more thing - I use an X10 RF receiver from WGL Designs
http://www.wgldesigns.com/w800.html

I can highly recommend it as a faster way to receive input from X10
remotes - direct to the PC without going down the powerline.  I plan to
write an xPL service to handle it (unless someone has already done or is
doing it!).  I may have a few questions when I get started since I've
never used VBScript - I'm Mr C++ :-)

Mal