Re: xPLRioNet and CD Changers

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet and CD Changers
  • From: "Rob West" <xplworld@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:31:27 +0100

Hello Tony,

I think I prefer option (B) as I'm sure it would be much more reliable.

Am I right in thinking that CDDB lookup works by matching track lengths
plus
number of tracks? Maybe it would be possible to write a little utility that
looks up the CDDB info for a CD, and then writes a .cd file that includes
track length?

(As for the Slink-e, I think the Sony changer must send a "five
seconds from
end of track" message which is then forwarded by the Slink-e to the
CDJ
software.)

Rob.

----- Original Message (trimmed) -----