RE: xPLRioNet beta v3.5d released

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet beta v3.5d released
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 16:55:50 +0100

> >From the web interface you can't, form the rio's front panel
> go to tracks
> >and 'play all'
> >
> ok, is this likely t o be added to the web interface?

Don't see why not

> :D great... unit2 isn't very descriptive :D (although I 've
> never had a unit1 - numbering always starts at 2)

These are xpl instances, and 1 is for the server...

> This is interestig since the rios now ignore completely the
> IR i send to them
> via homevision... I shall investigate more.

Thanks

> I started messing about with the web interface to try and
> beautify it a little, and ran into 1 or 2 issues, mainly
> caused by the use of {blah} where {blah} is replaced by the
> html. Some of these would be easier to fix than others, for example:

Assuming you have the last release, take a look in the web folder there
should be a web.xml where you can specify images in place of the bog
standard texts.

> It'd also be nice (again IMHO) to have {volume_level} rather
> than passing it back as part of the {cmd_vol_up}.

Again see web.xml (you can embed {volume} for volume level).

> Similar things apply to the other links on the main page. The
> only one I'm not sure how you would do is the {selections}
> part, again I'd like to replace some parts of the returned
> results with graphic images.

We have support for thumbnails, but specific requests can be added a later
date.

> Having said all that, this is bloody excellent, I've syncd my
> rios and it's working prefectly...awesome, well done. In fact
> I just discovered that the syncing allows you to control all
> the others from any locate... that in itself is fantastic!!!

The next release _might_ have synch broken, but it will be restored pretty
quickly if it is. I want to get the push version out for people to try
&
while theyre doing that I'll fix synch if it gets broke.

> One final issue I have, and I'm sure I saw it somewhere, but
> is there a way to set the client volume level when the client
> first boots (independant would be excellent) since my rios
> seem to start off at a really low volume level.

It's currently only an xpl configurable item, like the device name, but
will
be added to the web interface at some point.

Go on, give xplhal a try - you know you want too! xPL is THE home
automation
protocol for discerning tastes ;-)

I use the rio remote control to control lights, tv, freeview, dvd, cable,
tivo etc

Regards
Tony