RE: Re: RioNet - boot problem

  • Subject: RE: Re: RioNet - boot problem
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:24:00 +0000

> i have also seen a problem where if i shut down the service,
> some of my rios totally lock up. the screen is blank like
> they're off but they can't be powered on unless the plug is pulled.

If the service is shutdown they will be off, without the service they can't
do anything unless the plug is pulled as they are still running, waiting
for
the service to come back.

Starting the service up will return each rio to the initial splash screen.

Remember the service _is_ the rio client, as well as the server.

Power buttons on rio's/ddar's do nothing physical regarding the power, they
are simply a switch that the client software interprets as a power button.
Without the service, there's nothing to interpret the function.

Regards
Tony