RE: Re: xplrionet issues (DHCP)

  • Subject: RE: Re: xplrionet issues (DHCP)
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:12:00 +0000

Just a thought, but when the rio appears to take an ip address from the sbs
dhcp - can you ping it?

I've just done some tests with dhcp turbo (this may be a dhcp turbo bug)
with/without the option 60

Without option 60 the rio firmware totally ignores the dhcp offer

With option 60 the rio firmware accepts immediately

Yet the offers are totally identical except for the option 60 being present

As this is in the firmware, I can't find out why though :-(

Using my router's dhcp it boots fine

Using xplrionet's dhcp it also boots fine

If your rio does accept the request from sbs dhcp, then it's a totally
different issue to that above (and I suspect this is the case since it
boots
ok for the original software)

So an ethereal dump of both dhcp and boot attempt should point us in the
right direction, but please can you confirm you can ping the rio and when
you send me the dumps can you also include info below?

IP of sbs 2003,
IP of xplrionet pc,
IP of default gateway/router,
Subnet mask,
Does either the sbs or xp pc have multiple network cards?

Many thanks
Tony