RE: xplrionet issues

  • Subject: RE: xplrionet issues
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 07:18:00 +0000

> entirely convinced that things are working properly as the
> DDAR is reporting an address of 192.168.1.180 which is not
> being leased by the SBS2003 server which shows the unit as
> having an IP of 192.168.1.16.

Hi Graham,

192.168.1.180 is the default settings in the xplrionet dhcp server for the
first rio to request an address...

Basically if running both xplrionet dhcp and sbs dhcp, the ip address
picked
up will just depend on which answers first so your sbs dhcp is probably
showing the ip lease it made previously (i.e. it won't update to reflect
180).

Interesting that the rio boots with the xplrionet dhcp, but not sbs

If you can try the option 60 = empeg:mercury on the sbs dhcp, I'd be
interested to know the results

The dhcp in xplrionet currently only serves the rio's, but it will later
become a fully blown dhcp server

Regards
Tony