Re: just start and pb with dawndusk

  • Subject: Re: just start and pb with dawndusk
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 14:36:00 +0000

--- In <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=HHWeYpm6Dt_bTSNFtZ7C14VrIx867OVQWNF2HtNK4RxoiLiy8HIRoPTRGiIsmZVbTFrEMogA4Ke1jW37y0I">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>,
"boris_fr" <boris_fr@y...> wrote:
> Second, I try xPLpcOsd, but really don't know what to put
in "start"
> and "end" port. So I leave the default value.
> I then try to send a xplmessage via xplmanager, but don't really
know
> what to put for schema. xPLpcOsd never show me something...
>
> another "Don't know what to do."

A delay on posting to YahoGroups it seems.. anyway just thought..

Given xPLpcOSD may not work with the current port allocation (see
manager now supports xPL to xAP bridging and there is a xAP
application (xAP Watcher) that provides pc OSD.
I have written a script that allows all the xPL OSD messages to use
xAP Watcher as a helper application to effectively provide pc OSD
for xPL - it works well with the CallerID example, and indeed all
applications that use the osd.basic schema. I also have some step by
step installation instructions.
I hope that these will be incorporated in the xPL CallerID 'how to'
as an example of both the xPL to xAP bridging usage and also
providing the OSD mapping. This is a great example of how useful the
bridging can be. We are just double checking the instructions work
for everyone and with the latest versions. Watch this space.. -
it would be good for you to have some basic xPL applications working
first though..