RE: xPLHal scripting matches

  • Subject: RE: xPLHal scripting matches
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:20:00 +0000

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=A19T8DHQbfPkB8JRfyhq9KJWWol7tVL4WAC1DqnDmyk3OW4TnpLoYJSzk1pTrX23xXAoan_BXiaWK2iB">ian@w...</a>]
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=xiCJG9C5l7qHczzoIJVF6r5CZsz-5yODRdF7iKQYEv6FTKXmqSGfJySe8E2kKuhKNhOUE_v967vFQzLFebzA9NWw">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>
> Subject: Re: [ukha_xpl] xPLHal scripting matches
>
> I accept that completely: I understand what you are saying and I can
> see the
> restrictions that it puts in place. I just don't see the need to
change
> it,
> possibly introduce other issues, and result in a much more complex
> system,
> when at the end of the day, there seems (to me at any rate) to be even
> more
> possibility of weird behaviour: the likelihood of having overlapping
> subs
> firing off that interact oddly etc..

I guess that just about sums up the situation - yes there's some
things you can't do but if we change it - it will change - can't argue with
that.

The fact it works exactly the same for everyone is ignored.

Sigh

> and now.. I'm off out to Build a shed :)

....In 2004 I will add the door.... ;-)

> Ian.

Well guys - If it ever becomes possible for me to add this simple
(one line) script for on screen display to xPLHal for your OSD.basic class
shall post the results and the 'how to' here. No CallerID popups for now. I
am not wanting to provide scripts for every single xPL device that uses
osd.basic and I don't suspect you would want to type them in either... at
least I tried...

Kevin