RE: xPLHal scripting matches

  • Subject: RE: xPLHal scripting matches
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:13:00 +0000

Hi Doogie,

The issue with xplhal not sending the dim command is fixed in the next
release (not published yet).

The command was erroring due to me using a '+' instead of a '&' to
build the
message string!

However, it would only have sent a house=A, not device=a3, since
technically
x10 does not support dimming of a specific device. The dim/bright commands
are sent for a specific housecode and all addressed devices are dimmed.

Having spoken to John his cm12 app gets around the problem by sending a
select to the device first.

In the case of your script, this wouldn't have mattered as your 'on'
command
selects the device anyway.

I have modified the x10.send command to recognise if the device is a device
or housecode and send the approriate dim command.

My own vb6 x10 app doesn't do the same as John's. However, when time allows
I intend to do away with the activex control and talk to the cm12 directly
(by pinching john's code!). At this point my app will do the same as
John's.

The x10.send will now also send 'hail_ack', 'predim1', 'predim2', 'status'
commands

I've also added a new command
X10.sendext(<device>,<data1>,<data2>)
For sending an extended command