RE: xPLHal scripting matches

  • Subject: RE: xPLHal scripting matches
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 06:27:00 +0000

> When my PIR
> triggers in the kitchen I want to do a quick time check,
> quick check on
> gone to bed flag, and then either dim to 80% or 40% (without
> dimming up
> to 100% then back down so when I keep triggering it, it
> doesn't go 80,
> 100, 80, 100, 80 etc), not 80% of the current level.

Hi Doogie,

Xplhal maintains an x10 cache, which includes tracking the current
brightness level.

However, the brightness stuff is not completed as it's taken a back seat to
all other development. Mainly as I suspect it might be hit and miss,
without
status reporting. If someone changes the level at a switch then the tracked
level would be meaningless. Eventually my own light switches will be
connected to the xplhal pc, rather than directly to the lights...

Which unit is the LW11?

The units I use in my bedroom (dimmable din units) are capable of being
brightened up to say 80% from the off level?

I'm not totally clear from the description above what you are wanting to
achieve. Probably as I'm still knackered!

Regards
Tony