RE: xPLHal scripting matches

  • Subject: RE: xPLHal scripting matches
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 06:20:00 +0000

> I think Tony is off with customers today.. I'll wait and see
> what he reckons can be done tonight.

Hi all,

Sorry I couldn't contribute anything to the discussion yesterday, but I
didn't get home from Bristol till late.

The current filter/sub naming was designed originally on the principle that
someone writing a script knew what devices they had, and would therefore
design their system around their own needs.

I had no plans to include bridging to xap.

Therefore there was no need to consider the need to be able to "catch
all"
on a particular schema...

I think the simplest method to (hopefully) resolve everyone's requirements
(and not break systems already installed) is to leave the current way it
works 'as is' but add a second level of scripting for schema's.

The way I'd see it working is:
Firstly, Process messages as they are currently processed
Then, call a class_type script

Thoughts / comments?

I'm out again all day from about 8'ish, so will have to catch up on things
this evening.

Thanks
Tony