Re: Re: Tivo problems

  • Subject: Re: Re: Tivo problems
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:01:00 +0000

> > I've installed it and tivoosd but whenever I'm trying to
> > configure it, I
> > get a "selected device does not support remote
configuration" message.

> Havent come across this one before...

I have: I got this first time around, because the loopback interface wasn't
up.

> > I'm running xplhal on a server, xplhal manager on this
> > machine, and the
> > tivo client on the tivo - don't know if that makes any
difference.

> Shouldnt

and doesn't in my environment: I have xPLHal on Win2K Server, xPLManager on
my XP Pro workstation, and the tivo stuff on, well, the Tivo :)

> > I ran tivoosd tivo & and I've got TONYT-TIVOOSD.TIVO
showing
> > up in xPL
> > devices/ Awaiting config
>
> Sounds like the hub may not be relaying the messages.
> Did you start the loopback up before launching the hub?

*snap* ;)

> > I've tried to get a listener running on my laptop to trace
everything
> > that's going on - closest I've found is Tony's VR database
> > logger, but
> > I'm not sure if it's been changed for the new port or what -
> > the dates
> > of the files suggest not.
>
> It is using the new port.

A very useful little tool is my monitor app,:

x&amp;req=viewsdownload&amp;sid=8

largely because it flings xPL Messages in a buffer, and you can step
through
the messages, watching the config conversation take place. It's handy for
troubleshooting things like this. :)

Ian.