RE: trouble with RioPlay xPL 1.2

  • Subject: RE: trouble with RioPlay xPL 1.2
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 07:11:00 +0000

> config window, where you can set a new instance and give it
> the ip etc of the server.

Correction, it discovers the ip address of the server automatically of
course

The non-standard xpl config items for rioplayxpl are
zone=lounge
osd=tonyt-tivoosd.lounge
tts=192.168.1.50:48000

When 'zone' is set to something, then key presses on the rio remote control
send out xpl remote.basic messages

When 'osd' is set to the source of a tivo, then the menus are displayed on
the tivo.
(I'm planning a multi-line windows pop-up that will support the osd.tivo
schema, so that a pc can be used to display the menu as well. Also on the
todo list is an xpl 'menu' server. In this you'll be able to define a menu
of options, set the display device, and any xpl app or device will be able
to display a menu without the need to have the coding built-in)

When 'tts' is set to the ip:port address of xpl_riotts (or a web server)
then it will allow announce= or targeted xpl tts messages to be actioned

Just vpn'd the house, but all my rio's are powered right off at the moment
(I'm in the middle of moving them around) so can't check the web server
remotely.

Regards
Tony