RE: trouble with RioPlay xPL 1.2

  • Subject: RE: trouble with RioPlay xPL 1.2
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 06:48:00 +0000

Hi Tim,

>I am trying to use the newly updated RioPlay xPL 1.2 from Tony with the
>original Audio Receiver software on Windows and seemingly having
>trouble.

I'm sure I tested the latest version with the original software, but will
double check it.

> I am using the receiver.arf file and replaced the existing version
> (0.5 I think)
> which was sending xPL messages and I could get to the RioPlay
webserver
ok.
> However, with the new version, I don't see any xPL messages (viewing
with
xPL_Monitor)
> and I cannot get to the web server on Rio Receiver.

Confession time here, I completely forgot about the web server!
I'll have to check the code, and will publish an update if needed, sorry.

My xpl monitor program is definetely using the new port, but you must be
running a hub first.

The rio should issue config.basic messages, it will not do much else until
you configure the rio with xpl manager. By default it will have an instance
of tonyt-rio.unitn where n is the final digits of the ip address (this can
be viewed from the rio info menu). It should appear in the xpl manager
config window, where you can set a new instance and give it the ip etc of
the server.

I'm out on site today/tomorrow so will probably not be able to check this
all out for you until Friday evening I'm afraid.

> I saw there are the Rio boot files there now and I don't know if I
> need to somehow use these files.
> If so, I don't know how to use them.

Rioboot is for use with jrec

Regards