Re: Re: Tivo problems

  • Subject: Re: Re: Tivo problems
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 22:50:00 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doogie Brodie" <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=Tbe0HKpxita5q8kAq7MuI5NLVHcqSEoK8CRB4QQ8cqLI-yUVCxNcKbNymIWdlt0PUvl4TWYxNQXaFPqF0Vryyw">ukhad@d...</a>>
To: <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=594Cs9yuApebjuG0RigOGwbad35Aab4OT54Yd-XLfVTzfkM40sVJve6mggCwUwojdEPDYamZbW9SJRUUpv0">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>>
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_xpl] Re: Tivo problems

> I'm getting
> bash-2.02# xplhub&amp;
> [2] 357
> bash-2.02# bash: /var/hack/xplhub: cannot execute binary file
>
> [2]+ Exit 126 xplhub
>

> I ftp'd it in binary mode and i've tried in in /var/hack and in bin
and
> in xpl dirs under this.

strange.. worth trying the transfer again? (I'm assuming you have chmoded
the file ok after transfer)

in fact, if you have a redhat box available (or other penguin should do)
can
you do an md5sum on the xplhub?

I get:
md5sum xplhub
db6df49aea66770bf211f6fd56f75fd2 xplhub

> Is this one of those apps that needs to be called at a certain point
in
> rc.sysinit, or should it be command line runnable?

It's command line runable Doogie: I ran it as command line in a telnet
session whilst testing, and shifted to rc.sysinit when happy.

one thing: make sure it's the Tivo hub you have rather than the general
Linux one.